Chapter 7: Answers for questions
- Explain what Pony means when he says Soda “reminds me of a colt”.
- What condition is Johnny in after the fire?
- Why would being crippled be worse for Johnny than someone else?
- “Maybe people are younger when they are asleep”. What do you think about this comment?
- Why did Darry never lock the front door to the house, and what does this say about the Greasers?
- How are Ponyboy, Dally, and Johnny portrayed in the newspaper?
- What is a juvenile delinquent? Find a definition on the internet, in a dictionary, or create your own based on your own knowledge.
- Why would Two-Bit think Johnny, Dally, and Pony were heroes all along, before they saved the kids?
- What was Bob’s ‘real’ problem, according to Randy?
- Why did Pony think it was better to see Socs as “just guys”? What do you think he means by this?
- Do you think that there is a hero in all of us? What is the most heroic thing you have ever done or witnessed? Answer in a full paragraph.